The mission of the Lowndes County Public School System is to ensure that our graduates are responsible citizens, effective communicators, life-long learners, and FIERCE COMPETITORS ON THE ECONOMIC WORLD STAGE. We will create a safe and clean learning environment that provides students with advanced technological competences and skills that will greatly enrich their lives and aid in the improvement of our community. This will be accomplished by a competent and dedicated staff, using a multifaceted, globally competitive and technologically sound curriculum, within a framework of fiscal responsibility."
We believe that:
- family plays the primary role in the growth and development of its members.
- freedom can only be sustained when balanced by responsible actions.
- the individual’s right to choose is the basis of freedom.
- a caring society will strive to achieve the greatest good for its people.
- experiencing diversity is essential for the full development of the individual and society.
- the power is within every individual to create change.
- in order for any human system to be successful, it must have the participation of those it intends to serve.
- recognizing as well as honoring human diversity enriches the individual and the community.
- every individual deserves the opportunity to be a productive citizen.
- every individual can learn and deserves the opportunity to succeed in life’s endeavors.
- every individual deserves to have nurturing teachers, a balanced curriculum, and adequate resources to meet their needs.
OUR EDUCATION STRATEGIC PLAN GOALS
Develop and implement an instructional program that will enable students to develop problem solving, communication, social, and advanced technological skills needed to reach state, national, and international standards.
Improve and enhance the teaching and learning environment by planning, organizing, and implementing a program of construction, renovation, and maintenance; outline systematic procedures and schedules that will ensure safe, well maintained, and attractive schools.
Develop and implement a plan to secure financial resources for successful program operation and effectiveness.
Establish a system-wide staff development program for professional and support personnel that will be on-going and consistent with instructional goals of the school district.
Establish and maintain standards of academic excellence, by increasing student motivation, and improving attendance and discipline; implement a program designed to improve cooperative partnerships with parents, businesses, and industry.