Sophomore Year Information Guide
- Utilize College Board, Naviance, and other college search engines to learn more about the college application process
- Take the Pre-ACT
- Utilize the career and interest inventories on Naviance to evaluate possible post-secondary options
- Increase your commitment to extracurricular activities and seek out leadership opportunities
- Review your Honors and Advanced Placement options; plan for courses that challenge you and match your interests
- Meet with your school counselor to discuss next year’s class schedule and post-secondary goals
- Plan for ways to get involved in the summer. Many colleges and universities offer summer programming for high school students.
- Visit different college campuses and ask questions!
- Engage in summer extracurricular activities and volunteer opportunities
- Complete summer reading and AP summer work
- Engage in test preparation activities for the ACT and/or SAT for the spring of your junior year